Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse




"Strawberries are the angels of the earth, innocent and sweet with green leafy wings reaching heavenward."

~Terri Guillemets
 
 



Oh I love Spring. Strawberries are definitely my favorite spring time food, and this mousse is one of my favorite things to do with those lovely berries.

Years ago a friend of mine and I made this, and her boyfriend ate so much of it, it gave him a stomach ache. He immediately went to walk it off. I remember it so vividly because I had never heard of someone going to walk after over eating to help him stop feeling that way. It makes sense I guess. But for me the last thing I want to do after being stuffed, is walking, I'm a lay on the couch kind of girl. That's probably why I struggle with my weight. Maybe I need to take up the practice of "walking it off".



This is a cinch to make, I mean really easy. It's a no cook recipe, so it's perfect for warm weather.

Only 5 ingredients too!


yum







adding the whipped cream


after folding in the whipped cream











If you are making this for eating after dinner, make sure you make it at least a few hours ahead. It needs to get cold and set up completely.

And if you eat too much, go for a walk, I hear it helps.


Want another great, easy spring time pudding recipe?

Lemon Cream Pudding






Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse

makes 4 servings

Ingredients

8 oz (224 g.)  package cream cheese
10 oz. - 2 cups, ( 283 g.) fresh strawberries, stems removed, washed and sliced
1/2 cup (125 ml) 4 oz. heavy cream
1/2 cup (55g.) powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

more sweetened whipped cream for topping, if desired
more fresh strawberries for topping,  if desired

Directions

Place cream cheese, fresh strawberries, vanilla and powdered sugar in a food processor or blender. Puree them together until smooth. Then place the cream cheese mixture in a large bowl.

Whip the heavy cream just until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.

Spoon the mousse into individual bowls, glasses or cups. Refrigerate a few hours before serving. Top the individual servings with sweetened whipped cream and a fresh strawberry.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! Looks yummy too.

Lee said...

I love the pictures, fun.

Lisa said...

Mmm, that just looks so fluffy and delicious. Your pictures really make it look incredibly elegant.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Desi said...

I saw this linked over at a blog hop, and had to check out this strawberry cheesecake mousse! It looks amazing! I see you've got alot of good recipes here... I am your newest follower :)

Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

Renee Paj said...

wow! fabulous!!! I will be craving this now...lol

found you from potluck friday...come and visit my blog at www.mykitchenadventures1.blogspot.com

The Alchemist said...

Desi- great welcome! I'm off to check out your blog.

buy rift account said...

OMG! that is absolutely delicious. . i was drooling just looking at the pictures. . =)

buy rift platinum said...

Great! looks very luscious.

24h Betreuung said...

WoW! that was perfect.. super love it. .

buy wow account said...

OH my! that was so tempting.i super love it.. wanna try it.

Ms Jelena said...

YUMMMMM!!! So simple and amazing! xx


http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

Tara said...

I made this exactly and it was wonderful! So easy to make too!

Lilly said...

WOW. I must say freakin' WOW! My husband and I low carb and so I made this with just 6 packets of (powdered in my bullet) truvia - that's the only sweetener I used and this was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!